What are the biggest Social Media Marketing Challenges? Which Goals are Social Media Marketers trying to achieve?
Find out in this article.
Get Statistics to Benchmark your performance and Strategies to improve.
Let’s get into it.
We’ve compiled a list of top Social Media Marketing challenges we found from talking with our customers, marketers and reading Social Media Marketing researches.
Are you having the same challenges? If so, stick around till the end of the articles where we share strategies to help you reach your goals.
- Declining organic reach and engagement rates;
- Posting high-quality content consistently;
- Increasing ad costs;
- Falling engagement rates and fewer post interactions;
- Coming up with new and engaging content ideas;
- Creating authentic relationships;
- Telling great stories;
- Taking a stance and creating unique content;
- Finding creative freedom;
- Brand Consistency across all platforms;
- Creating high-quality visuals;
- Choosing the right channels;
- Getting people (colleagues included) to share;
- Speeding up approval processes;
- Standing out;
- Measuring ROI;
- Not seeing results fast enough and quitting.
Other challenges, goals and statistics
Are you looking to get insights into other departments? Check out other research:
Second, let’s take a look at the most common Social Media Marketing Goals and KPIs that are being set up by social marketers. Are you overlooking goals that make sense for you? You can always add them to your dashboard.
Check out this free resource if you need help with setting up goals and KPIs.
- Increase brand awareness by x %;
- Increase community engagement by x %;
- Create x number of social posts per month;
- Create x number of video content per month;
- Get x number of leads from Social Media per month;
- Get x number of traffic to website per month;
- Grow social media following by x %;
- Leave x number of comments on LinkedIn a month;
- Improve social media ads ROI by x %;
Let’s proceed by checking out some Social Media Marketing Statistics so you can see how trends are evolving, how you stack up against others and which next steps you might want to take.
- 33% of marketers who don’t use automation or artificial intelligence (AI) plan to in 2022 (source);
- 46% of businesses reported they want to increase their content creation spending in 2022 (source);
- Video is expected to be the most invested in B2B marketing channel in 2022 (source);
- In april 2022, 4.65 billion people used Social Media (source);
- 36.7% of marketers report that creating engaging visual content consistently is one of their top struggles (source);
- Finding information and making purchase desicions are the top 6 and 7 reasons for using Social Media (source);
- On average, people spend almost an hour a day on social media (source);
- In the US, at least 82% of internet users are on Social Media (source);
- People have twice as many interactions with brands on mobile than anywhere else (source);
- 57% of users report they wouldn’t recommend a business with a poorly designed mobile site (source);
- 63% of content marketers use their content strategy to build loyalty with their existing clients (source);
Now that we’ve had a look at Social Media Marketing challenges, goals, and statistics, let’s see how you can tackle a couple of these challenges and reach your goals faster.
We will go over:
Tools are how we have advanced our lives and everything we have around us.
If you want to reach your Social Media Marketing goals, you need to right tools. Not just the right tools, but also understanding how they should work together.
We won’t go over all the Social Media Marketing tools you could use in this article. It’s up to you to check your goals, do a Google search and find which tools could help you best. Chances are you’re already using quite a few tools already.
Think about areas that you’re still struggling with and do your research. You will be surprised by how many solutions exist that you never knew existed and how much they can help you become a better social media marketer.
Posting Consistantly on Social Media
Posting consistantly on social media is a must, but also a big challenge. Tackling this challenge by creating awesome sociale posts faster will open up new opportunities. You’ll have more time to engage with your audience and test new formats and social channels.
So how to you post more consistantly?
1. Select a couple of social media platforms that work best for you
Chances are that you’re spreading yourself too thin by trying to be consistant on too many social platforms at the same time.
Back in the days, it was fine to be on all large platforms. Now, there are just too many to choose from and many platforms require different formats and approaches. You will spread yourself too thin trying to cover them all.
The one who chases two rabbits, catches none 😉
How to select the best social media platforms
- Check your data. Which platforms have given you the best results so far?
- Check trends. Which platforms are likely to grow and which ones are likely to decline (for your target group)?
- Go inwards. What are you good at? Do you like to create more written, visual or video content? Which platforms match best?
After you’ve made a more realistic selection, and see that you’ve improve your consistancy, you can always add new channels to the mix. But don’t do that too fast.
2. Coming up with new content ideas
In order to post more constistantly, you’ll need a lot of content ideas and then you need to create that content (we’ll cover the creation part in a bit).
StoryLab.ai’s Content Idea Generator can help you create a ton of new, engaging content ideas in minutes. Simply enter a topic and let AI generate ideas for you. Here’s how that looks like:
3. Create better Social Media Posts. Faster.
After you’ve identified which social media platforms you want to focus on and have created a list of new content ideas, it’s time to create some awesome social posts.
Let StoryLab.ai’s Social Media Caption Generator help you come up with new caption ideas in seconds. Simply enter what you social post is about and let AI inspire you. Here’s how it looks like:
The Social Media Caption Generator is also handy if you want to create multiple variations of an idea and schedule it in advance. It can be difficult to come up with new copy variations, but AI can help you Reword your copy easily.
Let AI free up time so you can focus on what matters most.
Check out this step-by-step guide on how AI can help with Social Media Marketing.
Take a holistic view to Social Media Marketing. Become a Growth Storyteller.
Growth Storytelling focuses on telling the stories that we know will connect with our intended audience, because we’ve done our research and — shockingly — we’ve asked them, and actually listened to them.
Growth Storytelling takes audience insights in the form of quantitive and wherever possible, qualitative data, combines them with marketing and business goals, and places that front and center in:
- How we construct and evolve our Brand Story and Brand Identity;
- How we construct and evolve our product, business strategy, and marketing goals;
- How we construct and evolve our marketing strategy and tactics;
- And how we create, review, distribute and measure our individual content pieces.
How the Growth Storytelling Model looks like:
Growth Storytelling Framework
Get our Growth Storytelling Framework and get 10 free step-by-step guides and templates to reach your goals faster.
You can access it for free here. No need to enter your email.
Be sure to check it out for free and ask us any question in our LinkedIn Group.
Raul Tiru: Raul loves to build companies and help startups and scale-ups grow. Raul started his first website when he was 17 years old, has held several growth marketing positions in fast-growing companies, and has helped companies via his Freelance Marketing services. You can find Raul on his community GlobalOwls where he helps Nonprofits and Startups to do better marketing.