How To Write SEO-Friendly Blog Post Titles in 2023
Do you want to SEO-optimize you Blog post titles?
Do you think that adding your main keywords in your Title Tag will do the trick?
It’s just half the battle.
Let’s dive into how to Create SEO-Friendly Blog Post Titles
Related: How to Conduct an Effective SEO Audit
Why your Title Tag, Blog Post Title, Blog Intro and Outline matter for SEO
When optimizing your content for SEO, your goal should be to:
- create great content;
- attract people in SERP to click on your result;
- keep people engaged to read the entire article and not click back to Google.
1. If you want to learn more about creating great content, check out these articles:
2. For attracting people from SERP to click on your result you need to:
- stand out with a catchy title;
- have your main keyword included to let people know that your result is about what they are searching for;
- include power words, brackets, numbers, etc. to draw more attention;
- use title capitalization to draw more attention to the right trigger words;
- make sure the Title is not longer than 60 characters or 575 pixels.
3. For keeping people engaged to read the entire article and not click back to Google you need to deliver on the promise you made with your title, have a great intro and make the article easy to scan (paying attention to your sub-headings) so people can quickly determine if this article is worth their time.
Your blog post title boost your SEO beyond the keywords you include
Including your main keywords in the Title Tag and Blog Post Title helps, but there are researches that suggest that the engagement on SERP determines your rankings over time.
If you are #1 but people constantly click on #2 and #3, chances are that your rankings will drop.
Apparently, you did not do a great job at getting people excited with your offering.
The same goes the other way around.
If you rank #6 but a lot of people click on your offering (and stay engaged on the page! That’s why we included step 1 and 3), chances are that you will climb in rankings.
To find the perfect keywords to use for your Blog post Title, check out tools like Semrush. If you use our link, you can get 14 days for free to try out their tool and find the keywords you need to rank well on Google.
Create great blog post titles and improve your rankings
In other words.
We advise to have a holistic look at creating SEO-friendly blog post titles and Title Tags.
If you need help to come up with multiple blog post title ideas, check out our Blog Title Generator.
Simply enter the topic of your article and our generator will give you ideas.
Use these ideas to improve your offering, attract more people to click on your result and improve your rankings.